Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Financial Clean Out

In 2001 , a San Mateo County judge ruled my Mom could no longer take care of herself and forced her into a conservatorship to “manage” her multimillion dollar estate and make essential decisions about her care.

The private conservator sold Mom’s home, where she had lived for 45 years, for six million dollars (more money for them!) – and forced her into a nursing home even though she wanted to live with me and I wanted to take care of her.

The conservatorship was solely in the best financial interest of the attorneys and conservator who feasted off of Mom’s estate as they poisoned the court against me for my efforts to protect her from her predators.

Because I complained about their abuse of my Mom and questioned the level of care she was receiving at the nursing home where she was imprisoned, I was not permitted to see Mom unless I hired a social worker to “observe” my visit.

I was denied all input regarding Mom’s care and medical decisions about her. They had stolen her away from her family and the life she had lived and was accustomed to because they wanted her money.

All contact with her friends was also screened, leaving her feeling abandoned and alone and also angry she could not go home. What she wanted and needed was ignored. She did not feel safe in the nursing home and I constantly feared for her safety. Her final days were nothing less than miserable and frightening for her, and for me.

The attorneys and conservator rationalized their exorbitant fees (hundreds of thousands of dollars) proclaiming to be representing my Mom’s best interest against me – and the court rubber stamped their every request. They had done an excellent job of setting the stage for Mom’s financial clean out by maligning me and blaming me for their continued litigation.

No one is safe!

May 2009 ~ Guardianship abuse victims recognized during Elder Abuse Prevention Month

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how lonely, afraid, and dejected people feel who are denied the opportunity to go home and are stuck instead in a nursing home.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear what you were forced to endure. I sickens me.

I think the San Mateo County judge had $$$$ in his/her eyes giving the private conservator et al a very nice gift under color of law.

Six million dollars from the sale of her home, plus her other assets is better than winning the lotto.

And, how was the judge "thanked" for appointing this vulture conservator? My gut feeling is there is payback in this, showing of appreciation "under" the table, or I should say under the courthouse judge's bench.

This is sick, sick, sick and very wrong and then the sickos turn on their wards daughter. These vultures believe they are entitled to destroy the family unit while feasting on the victim's assets.

I wish this guardianship situation on all those who are involved. Now, that would be KARMA!

Anyone out there reading this believes the guarianship racket is working in the best interest of the ward....identify yourself and better yet, why not volunteer yourself to become a ward of the state?

Volunteers?

Anonymous said...

This case says it all - the conservatorship was solely for the benefit of the conservator, not the ward.

And the ward suffered because she had money and they wanted it.

Anonymous said...

Abandoned, alone, angry...

What a cruel thing to do to a person. I hope the conservator sees this lady's pretty face every night.

Anonymous said...

It was all about money - this innocent woman had it and they wanted it.

And they did anything they could to get it.

Anonymous said...

I am aging and ANGRY!

Maybe we need to place ads for guardianships. (Attorney will assist you in your life decisions and handle your funds at $250>$300/hr. )

Any takers?

Anonymous said...

I live close to San Mateo County and I've been dealing with a situation involving a false incompetency and a multi million dollar estate. Please send me the names of the parties so I can determine if they are in the same loop of attorneys, conservators, and payors.

danny7972002 at yahoo dot com
Use my gpg key from the keyserver if you know how

Bonnie Eslinger said...

I'm interested in hearing more about what happened to your mother in San Mateo County. Can you email me at beslinger@dailynewsgroup.com?

Bonnie Eslinger, San Mateo Daily News