Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Save Reta

Reta Cook Pleads Mercy

This is my mom.

She transferred her money to my brother, and he and I paid for attorneys and care in and to save my mom from Santa Clara County.

They said she was a victim of financial abuse, I feared for my life.

Mom got sick, and my son was disabled.

She gave him money after selling her home and moving into assisted living.

NO ONE knows how nosey assisted living social workers are - mom said it is none of their business and told them she was there for care and she could leave whenever.

But the public guardians started sniffing around.

The next thing I know, my son is being accused of financial abuse cause grandma bought him a car when she sold her house.

She was deemed incompetent, demented, needed locked up and drugged.

I took her away, to southern California where she was deemed mentally alert and competent by two doctors within a week.

Guardianship needs reform.

More people need to sue the guardians and win MILLIONS for the loss of their parents and defamation of character.

My mom is still fighting. Getting weaker physically but not mentally.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Santa Clara County needs reform. Robert Cecil and Betty Malks need to see their staffs and attorneys get some jail time.

What is the status now? Did they appoint a conservator? What are the names of the social workers? Their employers? Where is your mom now?
Who is the county attorney? Who hired Rebecca Weisman? Was any property or money seized by the county? Who is paying Weisman?

danny7972002 at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

This isn't the first time I've heard bad stuff about Santa Clara County.

I am sorry for what Reta Cook has been put through by Santa Clara County and I hope the elected officials of that county stand up for her and other victims of this abuse within the county.

Anonymous said...

I have seen the Reta Cook video - she speaks eloquently.

Santa Clara county needs to be disinfected.

STOPGuardianshipAbuse said...

Family law used to be the "bread and butter" of the Barfia.

Guardianship is fast overtaking it, because there's no adequate monitoring/oversight, and fiduciaries are free to steal!