Saturday, December 24, 2011

'Twas the Fright Before Christmas

'Twas the fright before Christmas and in Just-Us house,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a louse.

The stockings were hung by the railing with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there.

The grabbers were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of dollar signs danced in their heads.

When out on the street there arose such a clatter,
I sprang to attention to see what was the matter.

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer,

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick.

As I drew in my head, and was turning around,
Into the court came St. Nick with a bound.

He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,
But his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;

He had just come from the Chambers of Hell
where there and the bench there was such a smell!

A bundle of bucks he had flung on his back,
And he looked mad as a bear about to attack.

His eyes didn't twinkle! He started to shake!
His cheeks were drawn in, like he'd just seen a snake!

A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
Tore down all the stockings; then turned with a jerk.

Shaking his finger at the crew at the bench,
So angry you could see his fist started to clench -

To the judge and the clerk, and the Incest Crew,
He said, "Get out! You're all through!
You're going to a place that's better for you!"

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the shot of a pistol.

But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,
"Happy Christmas to Mary, and to all a good-night -
Except the schemers and scammers from Hell -
They shall all rot in a cell!"

And the bag of bucks was left behind, for Mary!
My Christmas wish for her.

~Anonymous NASGA Member

9 comments:

Thelma said...

Christmas greetings for all and a wish for a real Happy New Year!

stop guardian abuse said...

That is my wish for Mary too!! Thank you for your Poem. This is the 2nd Xmas that I have had without my father. My heart goes out to you and each and every one of those that have been forced into such a heinous situation. The pain of watching him die on an overdose of narcotics has turned into just solid grief that doesn't seem to want to leave me. I think all of us that has lost a loved one via "Probate Genocide" need to form a group similar to the one "parents of murdered children". My father was murdered. We are in a different group than those that lost their loved one due to sad, yet "normal" circumstances. PTSD from the trauma of the system seems to be a common theme as well. Our grief is not understood by those that haven't experienced it. Murder that is sanctioned by those in very powerful positions is a hard concept to grasp.

Connie said...

Now that's cute!

Merry Christmas to all my NASGA friends and their loved ones.

Mike said...

Thank you!

StandUp said...

Thank you for the smile. I hope Mary gets her freedom and all those wrongly incarcerated under the guise of protection do as well.

We think of them tonite and during the holidays and know these are their lonlinest days of the year.

Anonymous said...

Let's stop systemic elder abuse in 2012.

honeybear said...

The holiday season gets harder every year. I appreciate a piece like this to lift my spirits.

gloria Jean Sykes said...

Whoever wrote this, thanks you. This is the 3rd Christmas my mother Mary is held hostage in the home of a known abuser, the respondent to a petition for an order of protection. I have not been able to se or talk to my mother, Mary G Sykes, since March when she asked cousin Debbie to stop Carolyn Toerpe from selling her home from under her. Accordingly, Debbie reported this and other vital requests of my mother to GAL Adam Stern: he, of courts refuses to tell the court and protects the abuser Carolyn Toerpe. That said, thank you for this poem, whether it be for my Mother Mary or for all the Mary's caught in the egregious judicial system ... love to all In past Christmas' we spent with Scott and Doris, and my mother shared the holidays with her sister Yolanda and family, neighbors and good friends, and Cousin Joe. Since the wrongful guardianship, mother is isolated i the home of a abuser, drugged, denied access to the courts and all the programs, services and rights to appeal, to stand up and have legal representation to protect herself and get out of the Guardianship and return home. Now the Judge, a Defendant in the US Fed. ADA claim refused to recuse herself and told me I have no standing -- but the Court can steal all my money, force the sale of my home and render me homeless, but i, like my mother, have no legal-standing to object or appeal. Go figure!**** xo

Sue said...

I hope the tide turns for Mary Sykes to be able to freely express her wishes to the court.

I understand those who are controlling Mary are opposed to freedom of speech for Mary.

I am so sorry knowing that Gloria's life has been forever changed, against the wishes of her mother.

Guardianship is a way for one party to 100% control person and property.

This is wrong, un-American and this can happen to you.