Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Woman indicted in patients’ jewelry theft


Lacey R. Simmons, 25, of 1824 N. Sheridan Road is charged with three counts each of burglary and financial exploitation of a person with a disability. She faces up to five years in prison if convicted.
Simmons is accused of taking jewelry from three patients at the Grand View Alzheimer’s Special Care Center in May.

Police said she told them she took some of the $3,000 in jewelry that was missing from the care center in late May.

Full Article and Source:
Woman indicted in patients’ jewelry theft

4 comments:

Thelma said...

Doesn't that kind of stuff get stored in the facilities' safe?

Carole said...

My Grandma was put into a facility. A few days later, when I went to see her, her hand and her arm were bruised. And especially her fingers. The facility said she fell out of bed. Grandma told a different story. She said 3 women came into her room at night and told her to hand over her wedding ring. Grandma refused. They took them.

Anonymous said...

Carole I sure hope you spoke to someone about that. I work in a home and any complaint gets looked in for sure.

5 years is not enough time for a thief like that!!

Teresa said...

Every time I read another horror story, I literally feel sick to my stomach. I am so tired of all this greed...greed...so much of it...you can not take it with you when you leave this world.