Saturday, November 1, 2014

Shocking nursing home abuse caught on camera


WINTER HAVEN, Florida (WFLA) – A hidden camera placed inside a patient’s room at a Winter Haven, Florida nursing home captured images that have two employees facing criminal charges.

It shows an employee rubbing her hand down a 76-year-old Alzheimer’s patient’s face, making punching motions, threatening to hit him.

Later, the camera captures an employee stepping back and lunging toward the man, throwing his legs to one side and grabbing his wrists as he struggles to pull away, making him hit himself in the face and keeping him from sitting up and holding his legs down.

Then an employee acting like she’s going to slap him, he tried to shield himself, she slaps him with her other hand then runs away.

The man’s son spotted bruises, so he hid a camera.

“I am so sorry for what he had to endure here. I said I had no idea what was happening to you. I said, I know there were people in here being mean to you, they can’t be mean to you anymore, they’re gone, I promise,” said Dale Wilson.

Full Article & Source:
Shocking nursing home abuse caught on camera

5 comments:

StandUp said...

The perps should be prosecuted for torture.

Finny said...

I agree StandUp. It's so hard to watch this video and it make me thoroughly sick.

StandUp said...

Thank God this family hid a camera. Cameras should be in all nursing homes to protect the vulnerable from sob's like these.

Anonymous said...

Wish I had hidden a camera during my mother's ordeal.

Kathleen said...

Despicable cowards that abuse the elderly and disabled. They need to be prosecuted with jail time.